Twisted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Twisted this way comes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) Empty
PostSubject: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Jim had been lost in the forrest for too long and he hadn't eaten in days. He stumbled along and that's when he saw the cabin. He rushed as fast as he could in his condition before finally crashing through the door and falling onto the floor. Jim lifted his head to see if anyone was around. He was very weak and was about to pass out when he thought he saw a figure coming over to him.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Merriweather flitted back to her cabin after her nightly rounds. But just as her cabin came into view, she saw a figure crash into her home.
Her eyes narrowed. How on earth had he managed to make it through her forest?!
She floated gently onto the threshold of the now open door, her small shadow stretching over a prone figure in the dawn light.
Pulling out her wand, she asked lightly, "And what do we have here?"
She prodded him with the tip of her wand. "Another stone for my collection perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Jim tried to get up but failed. It had been too long since he had been able to eat. He instead turned his head and tried to speak. "I..... mean.... no..... harm."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Merriweather raised an eyebrow. Well, whoever he was, he was in no shape to cause any trouble. Her eyes softened. He looked like another refugee.

She helped the boy into a sitting position, leaning him back against the wall.
"What's your name, lad?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 pm

He took a few breaths before answering. "My name is Jim. I've been traveling for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:31 pm

"Well that's obvious," she said, rising and beginning to rummage through her cupboards once again.
"You're nothing but skin and bone."

She pointed her wand at the empty fire grate and flames burst to life.
"What are you running from?" she asked perceptively.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:43 pm

He figured since she was probably saving his life he should give her some answers. A monster, he wants to kill me. He killed my mother when she got in his way. I think he's still chasing my but I should have a couple days on him."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Merriweather shrugged and hefted a pot over the flames. "Well, he won't make it through THIS forest if he's killing innocents."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:35 am

Jim nodded but tried not to move to much. He looked over at the lady and tried to smile and held out his hand "Jim Hawkins is the full name. How bout you ms. Lady, have a name?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:03 pm

"Just Merriweather," she said blandly, ignoring his hand.
She extended her wings and fluttered up to the higher cabinets, pulling down a large bowl. "Tell me more about the man chasing you."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:19 pm

He nodded and put his hand down. He took a deep breath and then began his tale. "I thought he was dead. I had killed him about 3 years before then. He had tried to kill me so it was self defense. I hadn't even thought of him in years I was sure he was dead, but he showed up at my house and tried to kill me again. My mother got in his way allowing me to escape, but he killed my mother for getting in his way." Jim was saddened as he talked about his past.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Merriweather floated down to the ground and watched him with a strange blank expression. It was a similar tale to what had happened here, in Meliora, with Maleficent. It confirmed what Kida had said. And now, what other refugees had said seemed to make sense.

"I'm sorry for your loss," she said with genuine empathy. "It is hard to lose those closest to you."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:35 pm

He nodded again. "But I have to keep moving. I didn't expect to get lost in your forrest and I'm sure he's only a day behind me."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:45 pm

"I already told you," she said calmly. "He won't make it through this forest. You may as well rest while you can."

The pot over the flames began to shake. With a wave of her wand, the flames vanished. She ladled a copious amount of hot porridge into the large wooden bowl. After retrieving a spoon, she thrust the bowl into the boy's hands. Why was she being so....so nice... to this kid?

"Eat." she ordered.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Jim downed the food she had given him quickly. He had been starving traveling through the forrest. He sighed happily as he set the bowl next to him. "Thank you so much. Without you right now, I would be dead."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:59 pm

She shrugged. "I get innocent refugees through here all the time. At least here, you can be safe for a while. Innocents have no need to fear my forest."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:14 pm

He let off a cocky smile. "I think it's broken then. I don't think I'm that innocent. I have my share of sins."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:43 pm

"Maybe. But you're obviously not strong enough to handle the Guardian of this forest."

She grinned wryly and plopped herself on the kitchen table, blue skirts poofing out around her.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:46 pm

He chuckled "So it would seem. Is getting out gonna be any easier?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 pm

"Depends.....Where are you going? And with what purpose?"

She couldn't simply let him leave, knowing exactly where her cabin was.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 pm

He let his head lean against the wall as he sighed. "My purpose is to keep moving. My intent is to stay alive. My life is simple at this point. I've run into strange people on my journeys. This place isn't so bad but it's not for me."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:09 pm

"Life is not worth living without a purpose, child," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm

He chuckled "Well I'm not ready to die yet so I'm just gonna keep on moving. After all what else am I gonna do. This world has gone to hell anyways so I'll take care of myself and leave the world to the world."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:14 pm

"No one is ever ready to die. Take it from one who has lived long enough to see plenty of it." She raised an eyebrow. "And do you not think that the darkness creeping over the earth will not affect you? No matter how hard we try, the world will not leave us alone. We are a part of it, and thus intended to heal it, or destroy it."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Jim shrugged. "When it comes for me we'll see what happens but until then I'm gonna keep moving. It's harder to catch somthing if it's not standing still, and about about you Merryweather? What are you doing about this present darkness?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)   Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather) Empty

Back to top Go down

Half Past Dead (Tag: Merriweather)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next