Twisted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Twisted this way comes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Librarian

Librarian

Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) Empty
PostSubject: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:58 am

It was a calm and sunny day. One of few it seemed. Merriweather had decided to take a walk in the surrounding forest. She stayed close to the vilage, not wanting to stray too far.
She found a clearing, with a small natural spring. She walked closer, enjoying the tranquil babble of the running water. She had seemed to lose herself in her thoughts, waking when she felt someone, or something tugging on the hem of her blue dress.
She immediately snapped back to reality, forcefully pulling her dress back and taking out her wand to defend herself. To her surprise she was face to face with a grey horse. Except this horse had... wings? The horse took a step back, as if to determine if his new friend would atack him or not.
Merriweather lowered her wand, not wanting to harm a harmless animal, much less a mythological one.
The Pegasus aproached Merriweather again, poking the her side. Merriweather tried to push the horse away, suddenly remembering she had a piece of dry bread in her pocket. She fished it out, offering it to the pegasus.
The creature took the offered gift, eating it gladdly before rewarding Merriweather with a playfull poke.
After a while the pegasus, knelt down, as if asking his new friend to get on for a ride. Merriweather hesitated for a while but decided to climb on.
The pegasus took off in a flash when he felt Merriweather was on his back. Merriweather grabbed his mane tight, afraid she would fall.

The speed they were flying was too fast for her to get off on her own.

She was relieved when the pegasus began to decend. She discovered they were in a desert.

The pegasus hit the ground gracefully as a bird, stopping for a second. The creature placed his right hoof on a small stone, and a passage opened up on the sand. The creature entered, the dimly lit passage seemed to go on for miles underground. They arrived to a large hallway and the creature finally let Merriweather down from his back as it vanished down the hallway that was lined with bookshelfs reaching to the ceiling. It was really an impressive sight, every one of those shelfs were filled with books and scrolls.

Someone was watching the intruder from the shadows. He really wasn't fond of people coming in here. Not that it happened alot. Actually when was the last time that had happened? Must have been some time ago. Could have been ten days, ten years or even hundreds of years. Well he needed to find out what she was doing in here. This was his territory after all. "May I help you?"

OOC: Sorry for kidnapping you like this XD hopefully I did you justice ^^
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Merriweather jumped and spun around. Her wings fluttered irritatedly, her singed wing giving a painful twinge. She pulled our her thin wand, though she didn't point it at the stranger. She was in unfamiliar territory. Ohh how she wished she had never left her forest. her eyes narrowed at the stranger.

"Well," she said grumpily. "You can start by telling me why the hell you kidnapped me and brought me here!"

[XD totally good! Smile]
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:02 pm

His face gave a slight frown. "I do not apreciate your tone. You came here with one of my helpers, I have no desire for visitors here. This is not a public library after all." He said calmly and dryly. He glanced at the way the pegasus had gone to. He believed the same individual had brought the last person in here too that had gotten in.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 am

She narrowed her eyes, but he looked harmless enough. She sighed. "I'm sorry. It seems as though my temper is shorter than it used to be. And let's just say trust doesn't come easy to anyone nowadays."
She listened carefully to the man's words.
"A library?" she gasped in shock. "What kind of library?"
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:25 am

He seemed slightly confused. "Oh really? what kind of days do you live in then? I have not set foot outside this place for centuries I believe." The librarian stepped aside, showing her the library more. "Every bit of knowledge that a humanity has ever come up with." He explained proudly. "I am the guardian of this place and I take care of all the knowledge hidden in here."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 am

Merriweather's face hardened. "Days in which the dead roam the land freely, and evil does as it pleases."
Her fist tightened around her wand. Centuries...So, the librarian was old, possibly older than herself. And alone, for so long. Her eyes wandered and glanced around the area they stood in. Bookshelves upon bookshelves.
"Everything? Could it have knowledge on how to break a spell? or more than one?"
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:31 am

The librarian gave a small hint of a smile. "Anything that you can memorise." He said pointing to her head. "If you try to take anything out of here I am afraid I will have to kill you." He said that with utmost seriousness.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 am

Merriweather snorted and rolled her eyes. "Good thing this old memory has learned a trick or two for remembering thing, huh?"
"Tell me about Maleficent's power." She said in a deadly voice. Sparks flew from her wand inadvertently,
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:49 am

The librarian frowned. "I do not like your tone madam. I am not a servant to you." He said politely.
However he started to move down a hallway. "What do you want to know about it?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:18 am

Merriweather sighed frustratedly and rubbed her forehead. "I am not used to dealing with people," she growled. "I am out of practice."
She would not apologize again.
"I just...need to know it's source. If it can be matched. I am not powerful enough on my own to fight her. I need...." her voice cracked. "I need a way to free my Rose."
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:08 pm

He nodded. "What is this Maleficent of yours? A fairy like you? Or a witch?" He said moving to the shelves that contained lists of magic users in the kingdoms. There were lists containing that information, to keep track of them and their powers. He took a huge book out, his slender frame seemed to struggle with the weight of the book. He put the book down on the table, turning to look at the Blue dressed fairy.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:22 am

"She was a fairy," Merriweather said softly. "I don't know what she is now. All I know is she is EVIL. She has used her powers to destroy an entire kingdom and my two mentors." Her eyes flashed dangerously and her fists clenched. She glanced apologetically at the old man. "I didn't used to be so angry. But war changes people, even good fairies."
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:43 am

He nodded in understandment, opening the book and starting to go through it. He found a subsection of fairies, starting to read through the lists.
After few minutes he raised his head from the book. "It says here her power comes from evil, so naturally goodness and truth can defeat her." He looked back down again, reading on before exclaiming again. "Ah! It says here she was defeated with an enchanted sword." He closed the book, carrying it back to the shelf. "So find the sword and use that to kill her." He let out an oomph when he let go of the book, he turned around, regaining his composure. "Anything else you would like to learn?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Merriweather's eyes clouded over as she processed the information. Pure evil....that explained a lot. And only goodness and truth can defeat her... She loosed a deep, weary sigh. Well, that explained why she couldn't defeat Maleficent on her own. She had become to cold and untrusting. She burst right out into hysterical laughter as he mentioned the sword.
"The sword?? The sword we enchanted for Phillip to kill Maleficent the first time? The one that's locked up in that damn fortress of hers, swarming with her goblins and trolls??! Oh yes...this is will be fun."
She wiped tears from her eyes, she had been laughing so hard.
"Spectacular..." she said dryly, sobering up. She glanced at him apologetically. "I must look like a crazy old woman with no sense left in me, eh?" She ran her fingers through her black hair. "Join the club buddy," she grumbled.
She bit her lip, thinking back on what she had learned. "Hades..." she said under her breath. "I need to know....how do we deal with Hades? IT is said HE is the one behind all of the evil running amok across the land."
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 2:43 am

He certainly gave her a look when she started laughing. He had seen alot crazier people, so a small nervous break down didn't alarm him. "I didn't say it was going to be easy."
At the mention of Hades he had to raise his eyebrow. "You know you are the first person to ask me how to deal with a God." He became a bit more excited, walking with long strides to a near by shelf. He climbed up the ladder, retrieving a small book that was just slightly bigger than his hand. He climbed back down to Merriweather, leafing through the pages. "Here.." He showed her a page. "There are two ways to make a God mortal." There was a picture of a potion, and the ingredients were listed on the next page. "This potion will make a God into a mortal. He has to drink every single drop to lose all his power." He then turned few pages. "And the second one involves that you find these two daggers." He looked at Merriweathers face before speaking again. "This one demands a sacrifice. You must use the other dagger to stab Hades and the other one to stab the person who will take on as the new God of death." He gave her the book to take a closer look. "Neither will be easy."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:37 am

Merriweather raised an eyebrow.
"Really? No one's had to deal with a rogue god before?" She was surprised.

You'd think people would be dying for a way to bring the gods under control. She couldn't help but note the man's excitement as he leafed through the pages of a book. She leaned over glanced at the open page. The ingredients for the potion seemed extremely complicated. To be honest she wasn't sure she'd remember them all. And the second option....she couldn't help but shiver. Finding the daggers might be easier than trying to brew a potion, but who would be willing to become the new god of death? Rose's face surfaced in her mind. If it could save Rose....she would. But...

"I think we should try the potion first...." she said thoughtfully. "Let's see, ok some pretty easy ingredients. Foxglove grows in my forest..Wormwood too.. Nightshade might be harder to find."

She narrowed her eyes at the last couple of ingredients. "What are thoose?" It was hard to make out.
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:59 am

He looked at the text. "This one only grows in the underworld and these you can only obtain from certain Gods." His voice became more serious. "And they will not be willing to give them away to just anyone." He turned back to the page with the daggers. "These ones I know where to find." He went to an old map that was stretched on the wall. He took a pointer and pointed to in the middle of the jungle. "There." If one were to strain their eyes and look closer one would see the ruins of a temple there. It had been destroyed among with the city surrounding it by Gods. The daggers had remained there though, well hidden. The librarian had been reading these texts for thousands of years, and had nobody to tell these things he found out in the books.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:16 am

Merriweather sighed, daggers it was then...

"Well, that is certainly helpful," she said dryly. She bit her lip thoughtfully and murmurred to herself, "So far from Kelti..." She wondered if she could ask anyone from the village to come with her. "Do you know of anything that might be guarding the daggers? I'm sure they're not just lying in the midst of the jungle."
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:32 am

He put the pointer away. "Some of the traps might still be active, but I have not heard of any guards of any sort in there." He laughed dryly. "Well I don't get much news in here either." He cleared his throath again. "Anything else you would like to know?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:36 am

Merriweather paused then glanced up into the librarians face.
"Yes, who are you?"

"And...if it's possible. Do you know of any curse breakers? A friend of mine has a family all under a sort of mind control. I think I have the power to help. But I'm not sure I know how."
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 am

He fell silent for a moment. "I think they once dubbed me Milo, but I am not sure anymore."

"One lives without a name for so long it tends to be forgotten." He gave a small smile to her.

He took the book back he had showed to Merriweather earlier. Putting it on the shelf. "Hmm... I need more details. What species is this friend of yours? And do you know anything of the curse?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:26 pm

"Well, Milo, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Merriweather."
She was quiet for a moment.
"It must be lonely. To be alone so long you never even hear your name." Fairies were communal creatures. They didn't go long without contact with their charges or even one another. The thought of being so alone boggled her mind.

"They're mermaids I believe..." she said thoughtfully, trying to remember what Ariel had said. "They're under some sort of mind control. Where there was once love between them, there is nothing more than hate."
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:00 pm

"Yes it sometimes gets lonely. I have the pegasuses to keep me company. And knowledge, not much I need." He said his voice without emotion.

"Hmm if they are mermaids then I know what the problem is. Follow me." He said leading Merriweather along a maze of corridors. The came into a hall that had staircases and hallways spreading into every possible direction. On top of the staircase there was an ornate owl. Milo stopped. "See that. That is the sign of Athena, the Goddess who created this library, and put me in charge of it." He said smiling. "I was so proud of my knowledge and one day I was challenged by a woman in a battle of wits. It was intense, but in the end I lost. The woman turned out to be Athena herself and gave me the keys to this place. Isn't that intrigueing?" He said telling his story before moving on.

They arrived to yet another shelf, and Milo took out a book. "If your friend is a mermaid then it's not a curse that is on her. It's the natural state of mermaids. The female mermaids are supposed to hunt and drown ships and the men sailing them. Very very long ago, Neptune, the son of Poseidon surpressed the curse, so that mermaids would live peacefully under the ocean, and men could sail the high seas in peace. Someone must have lifted the spell." He flipped a page, showing Merriweather the image of the trident. "That is the trident of Neptune. I believe that is the only thing that could surpress the curse again. At least I haven't heard of another way."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 am

Merriweather watched him carefully, surprised at the lack of emotion he exhibited. "I am sorry." She couldn't think of much else to say. "I wish there was something I could do..."

Merriweather followed him through the twists and the turns of the library. It would be quite easy to get lost here. She smiled at his enthusiasm and gazed at the owl. "Indeed, I have never been one to pay attention to gods and goddesses. I suppose I have lived too long to care anymore. It is a wondrous thing to pursue your passions."

Merriweather listened carefully as he described the curse. "Interesting...So, then, how is my friend not under the curse right now, but the rest of her family is? And who would want to do such a thing? To make the sea such a terrible place?" Her mind was racing with question after question. "Where is the trident? How can we get it? I suppose my magic could allow me to survive under water for a time, but I won't be able to fight or anything down there..."
She sighed in despair, her age showing on her plump face. "The world seems to be crumbling into chaos and there is nothing we can do to stop it..."
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 am

He looked at the text. "I am not sure. Maybe it's because she is on land now. Not much is known of the curse, since nobody really needed to break it." He placed his hand over his mouth, thinking hard about the questions. "I suppose the trident is in Atlantis right now, and the one who is using it I am not certain of either. Someone with a blood tie to Neptune himself. Only a certain bloodline can use the trident." He looked at Merriweather. "Does your friend belong to that blood line? And better question yet, how to avoid them to be caught in that curse again." He pondered, leafing through pages. "Hmm... there are charms though they would be just temporary help."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)   Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather) Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding a secret library (tag: Merriweather)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next