Twisted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Twisted this way comes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You need to heal {Jim}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Merriweather

Merriweather

You need to heal {Jim} Empty
PostSubject: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:39 am

Merriweather didn't answer him but continued steadily through the trees. If they stopped now, she wasn't sure he would get back up again. He was losing too much blood. She had to get him to her cabin. She would be able to treat him there.
"Almost there, Jim," she called.
As they entered the clearing of her cabin, she quickly transformed to her regular size. She threw open the door and immediately guided the bed from the bedroom into the main room. The colorful patchwork quilt looked quite welcoming.
"Lay down," she ordered, and quickly began searching through her cupboards.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Jim did as he was told. He was beginning to get light headed. He smiled as a thought came upon him. "You know I'm getting tired of owing you Merryweather. This makes three times you've helped me and I've got nothing."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Merriweather smiled grimly.
"You owe me nothing." she said firmly, pulling down a jar full of a deep blue poultice.
Taking that, and a bowl of water, she promptly strode to the side of the bed.
"Take off your shirt." When he hesitated, she sighed, "I need to clean the wound."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Jim slid off his jacket and then his shirt. Jim winced in pain as the shirt slid across the wound. He looked over at the strange potion Merryweather hed. "What exactly are you going to put on it?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:46 pm

"A healing salve," she said shortly. "It'll help keep the wound from being infected, and should help it heal faster."
She took a cloth and dipped it in the cool water.
"This will sting," she said softly. She placed the damp cloth around the wound, cleaning out the dirt, leaves and fabric that had matted itself with the blood.
Trying to distract him, as she cleaned the wound, she continued talking. "I make the salve myself from the plants found in the forest. Healing is something every fairy is taught early on. The herbs are infused with just a touch of magic, to make them more potent."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Jim clenched his teeth as she put the cloth on his shoulder. He listened to her voice as she spoke. It helped distract him from the pain. "How long have you been in this forrest?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:04 pm

"Initially? 16 years. But I lived in the castle for sometime. I've only returned since Maleficent," she practically spat out the name in disgust. "invaded our home. So, now it's been several months."
The wound clean, she put aside the cloth and popped open the jar. She stuck her fingers in pulling out a hefty chunk of deep blue gunk.
"This will help with the pain as well."
She spread the thick cream over the open wound. If blended correctly, it provided a cooling, then numbing sensation that soothed the patient.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Jim sighed as she put the potion on him. "Yeah sounds like a pain in the ass." He pulled the map out of his pocket. He stared at it for a bit just remembering his past.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:16 am

"Sit up," she ordered softly, picking up a length of clean cloth. She quickly wrapped it tightly around his shoulder, before letting him lay back down.
She watched him stare at the golden orb. He was clearly lost in some dark memory.
She slipped a small hand into his, caringly.
"You want to talk about it?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:11 am

Jim smiled slightly. "This orb changed me. I was just another rebellious teenager, but through chance this orb was given to me. I had an amazing adventure facing death, but I survived and was much better then when I had left. I miss my old friends."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:33 am

"The war has torn families apart, destroyed friendships. But that does not mean all hope is lost. We still have a chance to be reunited with our loved ones. "
She smiled.
"Change, no matter how hard, can bring about wondrous results in a person."
Her eyes darkened, thinking of how SHE had changed. "Or simply make them harder."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 am

He chuckled slightly. "Well you don't seem so bad. You've helped a perfect stranger twice and he's done nothing for you in return."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Merriweather frowned. "Yes, I have. And I have no clue why. I have not done such a thing in quite some time."
Maybe he just reminded her of another child, lost in the world.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:59 am

He nodded as he understood. "Well thank you for helping me. What exactly happened to you? If you don't mind me asking of course." He was curious of the fairy. She seemed like she used to be a lot nicer but the war must've changed her.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:33 am

Merriweather sighed deeply, and pulled a stool up next to the bed. Lines creased her once vivacious, plump face. Her hair hung loose around her shoulders, where it once was pulled back. Her hands were calloused and raw as she looked down at them.
Finally, she looked up into the boy's eyes. "Have you ever heard the tale of the Sleeping Beauty? I know it has become a legend in many lands."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 am

Jim looked up at her confused. "I think so but wasn't that just a fairytale? I didn't have much time for fairy tales after my dad left." Jim could see she was hurt by the events that had happened and he wished to be of help to her.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 am

Merriweather grinned wryly. "All tales are rooted in truth. That particular...fairytale? did you call it?" She paused, thoughtfully. "What a peculiar name. Do they suppose the tale comes from fairies?"

The notion was intriguing. She shook her head and smiled. "Apologies. But that particular tale took place right here. The castle you were just in was the home of Aurora, the 'Sleeping Beauty'. And this cabin, was where she lived for the first 16 years of her life."

She glanced around the cabin sadly. "I was one of the fairies charged with looking after the young princess. And we succeeded. Maleficent, the traitorous witch," her eyes darkened madly. "was killed by Prince Phillip's blade."

A mad gleam flashed in her eyes. "And then, she was back. She killed the king and queen. I and my fellow fairies tried to get Rose out of the castle. But before we could..." Her hands clenched into fists. "My two dearest friends were killed. And Rose was missing."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Jim sighed and thumped his head against the bed pillow. This Hades fellow had brought more pain and suffering then just on him. He wiped some sweat from his forehead as he thought more upon that. "This war then, are you part of it?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:02 pm

"Don't do that," Merriweather chided as he thumped his head. "You're still injured."
She was quiet for a moment, thinking. "I believe we are all a part of this war, in one way or another. You are either helping the innocents, or helping Hades and the evil he has unleashed on the world."

She glanced out the window, at the stone goblins, crows, and other spies she had 'collected'.

"I have already failed in my duty to protect my Rose," her voice cracked. "So now, I protect this forest, and the refugees who flee through its trees."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:42 am

Jim glanced out the window at all the statues out there. Obviously this fairy was powerful, so why did she stay in the woods. "Wouldn't you be able to do more good for this world out there in the world?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Merriweather's eyes hardened.
"Right now, there is nothing for me to do out there. There is no plan of action, no leadership. Right now, the best thing for me to do is keep defending this forest until a plan is devised."
She stared out the window.
"Maleficent is searching for me. I will do no one any good if I'm dead. --" her voice lowered to nearly a whisper. "Though I didn't do Rose much good alive either..."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:56 am

He thought back to when he had met Ariel and she had told him of the resistance. He looked back at Merryweather and smiled at her. "I met a friend who ended up saving me, and she told me about a resistance that was being made. Maybe you could join that I'm sure they would be thrilled to have you."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Merriweather bit her lip thoughtfully. "We shall see. But I cannot simply leave the forest undefended. Innocents travel through here, like yourself, in need of safety or healing."
She rose and flitted around the small kitchen, putting things away. Her wings beating furiously.
"And you? What will you do when your shoulder has healed enough?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:03 am

Jim looked at the ceiling. He had been asking that question for a long time now and he still didn't have an answer. He looked back at her and then to his orb. "Honestly Merryweather I don't know. I've been asking myself that for a long time and I still don't have an answer. I may try and find Ariel and ask her about the rebellion."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Merriweather looked at him steadily. "I think...Jim...that you need to first ask yourself why you want to fight. You can't afford to go in reckless to a fight again."
She brushed the damp hair from his face in a motherly fashion. "But for now, you need to sleep. You're body needs rest."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You need to heal {Jim}   You need to heal {Jim} Empty

Back to top Go down

You need to heal {Jim}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twisted :: Meliora :: The great forests of Dobryn :: Merryweathers cabin-
Jump to: