Twisted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Twisted this way comes

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Dehydrated and Alone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasmine

Jasmine

Dehydrated and Alone Empty
PostSubject: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:54 am

Jasmine took a sip of the lukewarm water in her canteen. She licked her lips, and still not satisfied, went back for more. She opened her eyes promptly and her body froze in panic. She swallowed nothing, and desperately held the canteen close to her ear and shook it viciously. Nothing. There was nothing left. She furrowed her eyebrows in anger and tightened her grip on the container. She tried not to lose her temper. However, she wasn't sure how long it would be until she would need to drink again, and she didn't know where she was exactly.

The land was strange to her, lush and green, with a lot of vegetation, so different from Agrabah. She put the canteen back in her shoulder strap and adjusted the hood on her cloak before she continued to walk. In the distance, she saw what looked like a sea of yellow grass. She stopped in her tracks and gasped quietly when she realized it was rows and rows of crops. A wheat field.

She did not hesitate and started off in a jog towards the field. It looked like it was still being tended to, and a tended wheatfield meant people. People meant food, and more importantly: water. Jasmine imagined cool, fresh water on her lips and her jog turned into a full sprint. When she arrived, she slowed to a jog and stopped to catch her breath. As she panted, she kept her eyes open for anyone nearby. She fingered the handle of the knife she carried in her pocket, prepared to equip it if necessary. She did not know what kind of person the first person she saw would be, but she had to prepared for anything. She heard a rustling noise, and she ducked into the wheat field. Before she could even react, her thoughts escaped from her mind and she had called out to the noise.

"Is somebody there?"
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Tremaine

Anastasia Tremaine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:34 am

"Everyone at court will be so jealous of our new dresses!" Drizella squealed, "We'll be the talk of the town!" She paused to consider something, then sneered at her sister, "Well, I will be. They won't notice a plain girl like you next to me!"

Anastasia turned from the window to level a glare at her sister, who shrank back under such intensity. "If they do talk about you, it won't be kind, sister." the red head hissed. When Drizella averted her gaze, Anastasia sighed and turned to look back out the carriage window.The new princesses had been taking a tour of their new kingdom, mainly to buy new dresses and jewelry when they stopped in the towns. Now, they were returning to the castle, and were currently traveling a small road that passed through wheatfields that stretched for miles.

Crrrrrack!

The carriage shook violently, and leaned precariously to one side. Drizella was first out of the carriage, immediately demanding to know what happened. As Anastasia poked her head out, the coachman answered that the wheel had broken. Drizella, ever the pleasant girl, began shouting names at the poor man. Anastasia rolled her eyes, but didn't stop her.

"We'll have it fixed in no time, your majesty." the coachman promised.

"You'd better!" Drizella screeched, "Or my mother will be hearing of this, and then you'll really be in trouble!"

When the man began begging Drizella to not tell Lady Tremaine, Anastasia made her exit. She wasn't in the mood for her sister's antics right then, so she disappeared into the wheat field. She wouldn't get far enough to get lost, though, because she heard someone nearby.

"Is somebody there?"

Anastasia froze. She looked back towards where she heard her sister still shrieking, then back to where she'd heard the strange voice call out. Despite the voice in the back of her mind saying 'RUN!', she found herself moving towards the source of the voice.

"Uh, hello?" she called out.
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Jasmine instinctively tightened her grip around the knife. The voice sounded nonthreatening, however, and she lowered her shoulders in relief. She was weak, and almost out of supplies; she desperately needed to appeal to whoever this was.

She removed her hand from her pocket and slid out into open view. She did not get a good look at the girl before Jasmine's gaze immediately fell onto her dress. It looked expensive. Jasmine tried not to stare, and she looked up quickly, optimistic that she had stumbled across exactly the kind of person she had hoped to.

"Please,"
it almost came out as a whisper. She had used most of her voice yelling. She tried not to get upset, and locked her eyes on the girl. She started inching towards her, but lost her balance as she took her first step. Jasmine regained her balance quickly and clenched her jaw. The cruel days in the desert finally caught up to her. This meeting was not going how she wanted it to go. She brushed dirt off of her cloak, trying to compose herself, and glanced up again, "I'm lost."
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Tremaine

Anastasia Tremaine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Anastasia nearly jumped out of her skin when an strange girl stepped out from between the wheatstalks. She looked like crap, if Anastasia was going to be honest. She was covered in dirt from head to toe, and her clothes were ragged. Clearly, the girl had seen better days. But, she thought deviously, it would certainly tick off Drizella to have a commoner travelling with them. Oh yes, that would be fun.

"Well, I guess I could help. We don't have water, though, just wine but I guess liquid is liquid when you're thirsty, huh? And we've got some sandwiches inside too." she rambled on. "Our carriage is over this way. I'm sure the coachman's replaced the wheel with the spare by now, since I can't hear my sister screaming anymore." Truly, a blessed silence had fallen over them, and it greatly improved Anastasia's mood. Drizella had a rare voice that was perhaps the most annoying sound in the known world. Without consideration for personal boundaries, Anastasia took the strange girl's hand, and led her to the carriage where wine and small snacks were waiting.

"I guess it's real lucky for you that we were here. But you're even more lucky that our mother is still in the castle and not with us. She hates commoners. My sister does too, but who cares about her opinions?" she chattered on, then suddenly remembered her manners, "Oh, my name's Anastasia. What's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Jasmine looked down, frustrated in her execution. She did not give off the impression she intended to. If she was in the girl's position, she wouldn't do anything for someone who appeared so desperate and useless.

"Well, I guess I could help." Jasmine's head shot up. Jasmine's mind raced as the girl kept talking, and she began to imagine herself surrounded by all the luxuries that she had taken for granted at the palace; servants, good food, and water. She blinked twice, trying to get Agrabah out of her head. She was not ever going back there. This was her new life. She was free now.

Jasmine was mid-thought when the girl grabbed her hand and her eyes darted up in shock, trying to hide her revolt. The girl continued to talk, and Jasmine started to relax. She should be grateful for her kindness. Jasmine believed it was just her desperation that led her to trust this girl so quickly, but she was too tired to think anymore. "Oh, my name's Anastasia. What's yours?"

Jasmine hesitated at first. She believed it wouldn't hurt to reveal her name; she didn't expect that Anastasia would know who she was anyway. Jasmine's current appearance would not give you the impression of a princess. "Anastasia is a beautiful name," she smiled. "My name is Jasmine." She raised her eyebrow as they neared the carriage. She wasn't sure what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Tremaine

Anastasia Tremaine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:18 pm

"Where in the name of Grimm did you wander o---What is that?!" Drizella squawked once the two stepped out of the wheat.

Anastasia scowled at her sister before looking over at Jasmine. "SHE is my guest. Mother said we could pick up whatever we wanted on our trip, and so that's what I did." Confident that she'd won, Anastasia stuck her nose in the air and continued on into the carriage, signaling Jasmine to follow her. If Drizella knew what was good for her (and Anastasia doubted that somewhat), she would stay quiet on the subject and let the girl travel with them. But Drizella, ever the smart girl, decided to say something else.

"Oh great, now you're turning into a goody-goody like Cinderella. Careful, if Mother finds out, you'll end up in a cornfield too!"

Without warning, Anastasia leapt out of the carriage again, stopping right in front of Drizella, and leaned in as she balled her fists. "I. SAID. SHUT IT."

Drizella cringed, and nodded her head. Apparently, she decided that it would be better to sit with the coachman up front and quickly climbed up to the spot next to him. Anastasia turned and once again entered the carriage. As she sat down, her shoulders slumped and she hung her head, a little mortified by her outburst in front of her guest. It wouldn't be the first time she done it, but that didn't make it any easier.
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Jasmine felt both uncomfortable and offended listening to the two. She made note to remember their bickering, and the mention of Cinderella. If the little she paid attention to at official "royal" meetings served correctly, she was an important figure. Maybe these were exactly the kind of people she needed to find.

She looked out the window of the carriage as it started moving to the endless rows of the wheat field she had came from. It was nice, not having to walk all of it. Jasmine suddenly remembered Anastasia and quickly tried to think of something to say.

"I'm sorry if I caused any unnecessary inconvenience between you and your sister. I'm very grateful for you to be doing all of this for me," she looked outside again nervously not wanting a reply, she already felt humiliated enough already. She continued before Anastasia could try to say something. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, where are we going exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Tremaine

Anastasia Tremaine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:40 pm

"I'm sorry if I caused any unnecessary inconvenience between you and your sister. I'm very grateful for you to be doing all of this for me,"

Anastasia's head jerked up at Jasmine's voice. "That? Oh, that was nothing new. We fight a lot. It's completely normal!" she assured, only half lying. The two did fight, but that spat earlier was definitely not normal...though she had a feeling it soon would be the normal for them. Such outbursts were occurring more frequently now. And the visions...

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, where are we going exactly?"

"The castle." Anastasia answered, smirking, "My mother is queen now." And never did it occur to her that, that was something she probably shouldn't have said. But in her mind, who would risk hurting her and incurring her mother's wrath?
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:24 pm

"The castle!" Jasmine repeated, in awe. She wondered what the castle would look like compared to Agrabah's castle. She tried remembering all the facts about this land and it's people. She believed it was Andalasia, but she wasn't one hundred percent sure yet. The last thing she remembered hearing about it was that Cinderella was the queen. She suddenly remembered Anastasia's words about her mother being the queen. Had the war affected this place too? If so, how behind was Jasmine on the rest of the world?

She tried not to think too much about it. It was getting hot inside the carriage near the window, and Jasmine removed her hood. She brushed some dirt off of her cloak again, suddenly self-conscious about it. "Will the queen be angered at my presence?" She thought she knew the answer, seeing as the argument earlier was centered around her.
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Tremaine

Anastasia Tremaine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 am

"Will the queen be angered at my presence?"

Anastasia mentally smacked herself. Of course, her mother! Again, she'd failed to think ahead. Lady Tremaine would certainly not be pleased at having a commoner as a guest. Poor Jasmine would either be forced out of the castle, or worse, turned into some unnatural thing. Anastasia had to do some quick thinking.

"Well, she might not be jumping for joy..." she admitted slowly, before an idea hit her. "I know! We can stop in town and buy you some new clothes, clean you up, and just pretend you're some noble girl I invited to stay at the castle." To keep Drizella quiet though, Anastasia supposed that she had to give her sister the things she'd bought. And if that didn't work...well, she'd figure that out later.

"Think it might work?"
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 am

Jasmine smiled before she could think of any reasons to object. "That sounds like a wonderful idea." She touched her cheek, amazed. She could not remember the last time she had a warm smile such as this. Jasmine dismissed it, believing she was just tired. "You are very kind," Jasmine looked outside of the carriage, nonchalantly. She stopped smiling. "Where I grew up, people were always kind to you but I never knew if it was genuine or not. People like you are a rarity."

((ooc: Gah, I am soooo, so sorry for inactive for a while I don't know where you want this to go or if you want to wrap this up, I could PM you if you want to talk about it more - I'm so sorry!))
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Tremaine

Anastasia Tremaine

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:57 pm

"Kind?" Anastasia echoed incredulously. Not once, in her entire life, had she been called 'kind'. There were a lot of other things she'd been called though...

"I am not kind." she corrected, gaze dropping to her folded hands in her lap. "I am the furthest thing from it." And it was true. She was cruel and selfish. Cinderella, if she could talk, would testify to that.

"Your majesty, we are nearing the castle!" the coachman called from his seat.

Anastasia moved to the window and shouted, "Stop in town, at one of the dress shops! We need to purchase new attire for our guest!"

The coachman answered the affirmative, and the coach soon halted in front of one of Anastasia's favorite shops. The coachman opened the door for the two, and Anastasia stepped out.

"Don't worry about prices. We can get you anything."
she said.

((I guess after you post, we can skip to the castle. Hades is there.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dehydrated and Alone   Dehydrated and Alone Empty

Back to top Go down

Dehydrated and Alone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twisted :: Andalasia :: The city of Niva :: The wheat fields-
Jump to: