Twisted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Twisted this way comes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoebus

Phoebus

Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) Empty
PostSubject: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:43 am

Phoebus walked into his cabin and slocuhed in the closest seat, exhausted. He rubbed his temples, worrying that he was stressing too much recently. He secretly hoped that the new additions to the Court of Miracles didn't dislike him. Esmeralda walked into the room, and he immediately sat up straight. He didn't want to worry her. She left as quick as she came and he sighed again. He put his hand over his forehead, upset in how cold and isolated he acted nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Merriweather hadn't felt like resting. Honestly, she was restless. She was twitching almost worse than a frightened rabbit. She felt like she needed to be DOING something, anything!! She was sure she could do much more in her forest. She kept her cloak wrapped tightly around her, shrouding her identity. Hiding the fact she was a fairy seemed vital. If word spread that a fairy had joined the rebels, Maleficent would be sure to know it was her. She passed a cabin and glanced inside. The blonde man they had met earlier sat slumped in a chair. Phoebus, she believed his name was. He looked truly exhausted. She sighed, her caring nature slowly surfacing. It seemed as though she was surrounded by all these children who needed looking after.
She stepped up to the threshhold, her hood still covering her face.

"You look as though you carry the weight of the world on your shoulder, child," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Phoebus

Phoebus

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:13 am

Phoebus's head snapped up to see the older woman from earlier standing before him. He looked at her, ready to make a remark, but then he sighed and rubbed his neck. "I suppose." He looked her in the eyes, trying to read her face. He stood up immediately, concerned, and walked out of the cabin and to her so Esmeralda couldn't hear the conversation. "What brings you here? Has something happened?"
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 am

Merriweather pulled her hood back calmly.
"Nothing," she said with a shrug. "I just don't sit still well. I think I may go stir crazy without something to do."
She glanced uneasily around the area. "Want to talk about what's got you practically popping out wrinkles?!"
Back to top Go down
Phoebus

Phoebus

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:36 am

Phoebus hesitated. He didn't like to talk about these kind of things but he didn't want to shrug away Merriweather either. He gestured towards the surrounding houses and the children that played on the streets. "Look at how content everyone is. Everyone is happy, and they feel safe. However, outside of these walls nobody could even begin to imagine what could be happening to people the same age, the same family, or to anyone unfortunate in general." He leaned against the door post. "It is my job to ensure these people's safety but I don't think I'm doing the best I can." He frowned. "We've lost some good people, and this war has affected me more than any other I've experienced."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 am

Merriweather sighed sympathetically. "Happiness always has a cost. And safety never comes without the pain of others." She locked her eyes with his. Her plump face may not show her ancient years, but her eyes sure did.
"We pay a price to protect the innocent."
She pulled off her cloak, revealing her singed wing. It twitched as the cold air brushed against it.
She rolled her eyes. "You need to expand your circle then, Mister Leader-man. Everyone's lives have been torn apart. I've lost more than most, and less than some."
Merriweather pulled herself up onto a nearby wall, so that they were at least closer to eyelevel. "But tell me, Phoebus. Tell me how this war has broken you."
Back to top Go down
Phoebus

Phoebus

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:41 am

"Broken," Phoebus repeated, interested in her word choice. He looked into her eyes. Her words were heavy - the kind of heavy that lingered at the end of every sentence, traced with experience, that he was all too familiar with. Phoebus wondered what she could of possibly gone through.He shook his head slightly, trying to stop his thoughts from thinking of unnecessarily horrible things. "My son was taken, and killed."

He looked straight ahead. "I could've," he started. He looked down and then sighed, unable to complete the thought. "But, we've all lost loved ones." He looked back at Merriweather, his face as stone. "Tell me, who are you exactly?" He raised the side of his mouth. "I hope you don't take it the wrong way, but you look a bit out of place." He eyed her wing.
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Merriweather gasped in surprise and grief. "I am so sorry, Phoebus." She said thickly. "Losing a child...is nearly beyond imagining."
But she had imagined it several times. Though she had no children of her own. Rose was practically her daughter. And to have her pulled so far away, if not eternally out of reach...well...she could imagine some of Phoebus's grief.

She reached out a hand and rested it comfortingly on his arm. "There are always things we could have or should have done. But we cannot allow ourselves to be lost in the what-ifs of the world lest we become wholly consumed by them." She gave him a moment to process her words, a lesson she had learned from hard experience and the words of much older fairies.

She pulled away at his question. "Who am I?" She sighed. "No, this is definitely not where my kind would normally be found out in the open. But don't get me wrong, fairies are everywhere. That IS what I am. But of course, you've gathered that." She rubbed her brow tiredly. "Each fairy or team of fairies is assigned a guardianship. Mine was a part of Meliora, a land not far from here.----What do you know of the tale of the sleeping beauty?"
Back to top Go down
Phoebus

Phoebus

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:30 am

Phoebus put his hand on his chin. "Sleeping beauty?" He looked at Merriweather for a little, absorbing what she was saying. He stood up straight when it finally hit him. "Oh! So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you mean to tell me you were a guardian of Sleeping Beauty herself?" He raised his eyebrows, interested. He nodded his head in respect. "Then, it's an honor to meet you. Well, what brings you here though?" He paused, and then rubbed his neck. "If you don't mind me asking."
Back to top Go down
Merriweather

Merriweather

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:24 am

Merriweather scowled slightly. "It truly is not honor, soldier. I have failed in my duty, and my dear Rose is enslaved to Maleficent. I do not deserve your respect."
Her face was dark and brooding, such a contrast to the loving carefree expressions she used to wear.
"Ariel." she said simply in answer to his question. "I have been doing some on my own to counter Maleficent, but Ariel said I could be of use here. So far...I don't see much happening in this rebellion..."
She fell silent then, trying to change the subject said, "Tell me, you seem to have some leadership here. What do you hope to accomplish?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)   Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone) Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Acquainted (tag: anyone)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twisted :: Kelti :: The Rebel Vilage Burak :: Phoebus's cabin-
Jump to: